Its been a few days since I wrote. I got togo home on Friday & went to JT"s football game, it was a great game. Shawn was in Philly w/ Tucker having daddy time. On Sat, Nan,George & Keighly came down to Philly , but I waited till Sunday so I could get things done at the house.
Saturday morning bout 4am Shawn heard Tucker fussing, so he got up thinking he was just changing a wet diaper, & found that Tucker had decided to rip out one of his central lines. He was quite freaked out at first, but didnt panic. Come to find out, the nurse had just been in & already knew & had called for the doctor & was getting supplies. It turned out ok, they were going tro be removing the one he tore out later in the week, apparently he didnt want to wait. Other than that Tucker is doing great. He has weened of all the IV meds & everything is oral now, he is just about weened off the morphine, now he just needs to eat better, 7 we wil be discharged. He will have to keep the 1 central line in because he still needs platlets about everyother day, so that means we will only be aloud to go to the ronald mcdonald house. But we will be 1 step closer to going home!!! We are all getting really excited for that!!!
We still have a ways to go to be completly heeled , but the worst is over!!!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful news! All of you are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteTucker is a sweetie and so is "Nan."
This is wonderful that you are keeping this blog. Someday Tucker (his wife mostly) will appreciate having such a journal of the beginning of his blessed life.
Do take care
I can't wait to meet Tucker -- and Shawn.
Rosie