thursday, December 3, 2009

thursday, December 3, 2009
daddy & Tucker

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday August 25, 2009 9:30am

Tucker is out of the PICU!!!!

Monday afternoon we were transfered back down to the regular transplant floor. Yea!! Tucker is doing really good. The drs are all happy w/ his progress. It is now day +11 of the transplant and we are back on course. Last week was a bit of a bump in the road, however it did not interfere w/ the engraftment (the transplant taking). The infection that he had has seemed to clear, his biggest issue right now is his poor little butt! It is so nasty raw, I feel horrible every time I change his diaper. They tell me it wont get better till he starts making cells, which wont be for bout another week yet. He was also put on high blood pressure medicine, but that is par for the course for transplant kids. All the antibiotics along w/ the pain & discomfort contribute to that.
Tucker is really becoming very aware of things now & doesnt like to be messed w/ a whole lot. He is pretty content to lay in his crib or bouncy seat, but he loves to be talked to, & he has a mobile that he loves to watch. This morning he has been full of smiles, which is so amazing to see!!!
This whole journey is definately way harder than I could ever imagined. Shawn left on Sunday night to go home so he can work all week & it is very lonely being here w/out anyone, just me & Tucker. I just keep telling myself its only for a short time. I have the weekend to look forward to also, I'm going to go home for the weekend to hang out w/ JT & Keighly, I miss them so much, & Shawn is going to come here.
Please keep praying for Tucker. I know that God is listening. Through all this I definately have a stronger faith than ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment